All Because Two People Fell In Love

All Because Two People Fell In Love

Sunday, September 8, 2013

HE HAS ARRIVED!!

Trying to get up to Bear Lake this weekend for a quick get-a-way with Jess' work team, ended up being a really interesting trip. On the way up, we decided to stop at Grandma Karen's house to watch the Utah football game and let the kids take a quick nap. I couldn't sleep so I decided to go mow Grandma's lawn because I knew she would be helping out so much when number 3 came; however, I ended up enjoying having some time to think and ended up doing the neighbors too. As you can imagine, my body didn't handle that very well. About half an hour later I was having contractions every 5 minutes. Deciding whether I was really in labor or not, I got in the bathtub to calm them down and contractions continued to then be 3-4 minutes apart. We woke the kids up, jumped in the car, and drove through a thunderstorm to get to the hospital in time. By the time we got to the hospital, contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 4. Even though we were two weeks early, Doctor Farley decided to keep me and we knew we were having Baby at that point. I stayed at a 5 from 8:00pm to 11:30 when they checked me again, at which point we called the grandparents and told them that they'd just want to come in the morning because Baby would probably come in the middle of the night.
As we lay there watching a movie, I became really nauseous to the point of needing to throw up. Jess ran and got the nurse who came in and checked my progress. Before even finishing her sentence to me she was on the phone with Doctor Farley who had to literally run to make it to my room in time. I went from being a 5 for 6 hours to a 10 in 30 minutes. One push and the doctor had to literally hold the little guy in to get someone from the nursery down to our room in time. He made his big debut at 12:16 AM on Sunday, September 8, 2013, weighing in at 7 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long.
Daddy was the one that announced that it was a boy and we both immediately started to cry. Our little Kingston now has a little brother to play sports with and to share his cars and "Tommy's" with. We couldn't be happier and are so glad that he is so healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment