All Because Two People Fell In Love

All Because Two People Fell In Love

Monday, August 6, 2012

Today's the day!!! I'm offically 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Wow, when you put it in weeks, it seems like a lifetime. Last night I was very nervous about going in to be induced; its hard to know that in x amount of hours, I would be in the most pain I probably will be in my life. With that said, I couldn't be more excited for the arrival of my daughter!
As you can see, we were both a little nervous and tired. We had to be to the hospital at 7:00am so being tired, and anxious, Jess was so out of it that he put his sweatshirt on backwards. I loved it because it was the last laugh I would have before a few hours of labor.
Because I was suppose to be induced, they put me on patosin to get me started. However, on the way to the hospital I had told Jess that my stomach hurt; little did I know it was because my body had already gone into labor. Within about 15 minutes they took me off the patosin to let my body continue laboring on its own. Jess and I laughed together and but the pain was starting to get unbearable. So when a contraction came along, I closed everyone out and just held my breath through it. As the pain progressed, the anesthesiologist gave me the epidural, but one side of my body wouldn't take to it. After 30 minutes he gave me a second epidural. The second one still didn't work so all of the pain from the contractions were focused on my left side. The third and final try for an epidural finally took and I was able to stop the tears and laugh a little. Dr. Farley had a completely full day of appointments and asked me to wait until his lunch time at 1:00. That didn't happen. 11:45 came around and my body wanted to push. He rushed over and barely made it in time. During push number 2 Grandma Karen ran in the room and I was so relieved to have my Mom there. Maycie Lou came right out on push number 3, healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment